The lovely Amy (or is it Amyy?), over at Amyy’s Addiction, just gave me the Versatile Blogger Award! Thanks, lady!
This award has the following rules:
Thank and link back to who gave you the award.
Share seven things about yourself.
Pass it along to seven blogs you’ve recently discovered and enjoy.
Hm. Seven things…right.
1. I also have anxiety issues (out the wazoo, kind of, but I’m working on them, and making good headway), and just picked up a clonopin script so that driving back from Greensboro after Thanksgiving isn’t TOTALLY UGLY. Yeah. I have this “thing” about driving at night in general, and another “thing” about hitting deer, and another “thing” about driving when the road could possibly be icy. So, yeah, I’m *real fun* in a car around Thanksgiving and Hogswatch/winter holidays. I’m actually not that bad lately, but I’m hedging my bets, too.
2. I FINALLY started the Twinkleberry socks I had to have after finding the pattern over at Principessa Grassa’s a while back. I haven’t posted pictures of them (yet), but they are well on their way, believe me. I love them!
3. I’ve FINALLY started getting serious about practicing the uke. It’s getting easier, and my strumming is getting there. I’m most excited about learning “Button Up Your Overcoat.” I want to learn about ten songs, and then it’ll be time to start my jug/string band. So. Excited!
4. I have a foul mouth, but really…I don’t think it’s that bad over here, on the blog. Or maybe it is, and I’m just used to it? It’s TONS worse in real life, though. But I have a deep and abiding love of cussing, so…not likely to go anywhere any time soon. (Although I do try to rein it on other peoples’ blogs. At least until *they* drop a cussword.)
5. I am super verbose. Surprising, I know. I try to be concise, but it’s a real effort, especially when I’m so into describing something down to the last nuance.
6. I kind of totally love karaoke. My perfectionism and social anxiety combine to make it pretty damn uncomfortable sometimes (like when Greg signs me up on the sly to sing “Borderline” :P), but I have a decent voice and not only do I know that, I’m actually rather vain about it, so I love karaoke. I also just joined SingSnap recently, so we’ll see if I find my balls and let y’all know when I’ve recorded shit.
7. Fatshionista totally makes me want to be more stylish on a regular basis, but I’m kind of clueless about putting together outfits that involve much more than jeans, a tshirt, and maybe some simple accessories. Plus my wardrobe, as it stands now, doesn’t seem to extend much past tshirts, nor lend itself to remixing. I’m trying to figure this shit out, though, so you can expect to see *even more preening* in the future, god help you all. 😉
And seven blogs that you need to check out (some/half/most? of these are tumblrs, but that’s cool, right?):
A Pretty Penny
Big Mama Style (I love that her looks are so eclectic!)
That Obscure Object (not always SFW)
Fuck Yeah Chubby Fashion
Fuck Yeah Fat Positive (also not always SFW)
Fuck Yeah Femmes (and also not always SFW)
So, yeah, that’s where my head’s been at lately: fat positivity, fashion, makeup, queer identity. They’re all kind of related, actually, at least for me. 🙂